At its upcoming coordination and management meetings in April, ECOSOC will elect nine members of the Programme Coordinating Board of the Joint UN Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). These Board members will serve a three-year term beginning on 1 January 2016 to fill the vacancies that will occur on 31 December.
The nine members are to be elected according to the following pattern:
- Two members from African States;
- Two members from Asia-Pacific States;
- One member from Eastern European States;
- One member from Latin American and Caribbean States;
- Three members from Western European and other States
For more information, see http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=E/2015/9/Add.10