The Economic and Social Council will hold elections to fill vacancies in the membership of the following subsidiary bodies on Thursday, 25 April and Friday, 26 April 2013. The agenda for the session and details of seats available to each regional group is contained in document E/2013/2/Add.1.
- Statistical Commission – 8 members to be elected, plus 1 unfilled vacancy
- Commission on Population and Development – 16 members, plus 6 unfilled vacancies
- Commission on the Status of Women – 13 members
- Commission on Narcotic Drugs – 20 members
- Committee for Programme and Coordination – 7 members, plus 5 unfilled vacancies
- The Committee will meet at 15:00, 25 April in Conference Room 5 (NLB) to elect its Bureau
- Committee of Experts on Public Administration – 24 members
- Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues – 8 members, plus 8 appointments
- Committee of Experts on International Cooperation in Tax Matters – 25 members
- Executive Board, UNICEF – 11 members
- Executive Board, UNDP/United Nations Population Fund/United Nations Office for Project Services – 11 members
- Executive Board, UN Women – 24 members
- Executive Board, World Food Programme – 6 members
- Programme Coordinating Board of the UNAIDS – 8 members
- Commission for Social Development – 7 unfilled vacancies
- Commission on Sustainable Development – 2 unfilled vacancies
- Commission on Science and Technology for Development – 2 unfilled vacancies
- Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting and Reporting – 20 unfilled vacancies
- Committee for the United Nations Population Award – 4 unfilled vacancies
- Governing Council of UN-Habitat – 9 unfilled vacancies
The deadline for submission of candidatures is Friday, 12 April 2013. Delegations wishing to propose candidates for election are kindly reminded to address their correspondence to the ECOSOC Affairs Branch, with a copy to Ms. Radhika Ochalik and Ms. Celia Syyap.
The Chairs of the regional groups for the current month are kindly invited to inform the Secretariat of candidatures which may be forthcoming from their groups. A list of candidates for the election, as well as supporting documentation, can be consulted on Candiweb.