At its upcoming coordination and management meetings, ECOSOC will elect 19 members of the Governing Council of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
Members will be elected for a four-year term, starting 1 January 2016. They will succeed the following states, whose terms are expiring.
- Five African states: Burkina Faso, Congo, Lesotho, South Africa,
- Five Asia-Pacific states: Bahrain, India, Jordan,Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Tanzania
- Two Eastern European states: (two vacant seats to be filled)
- Three Latin American and Caribbean states:Brazil, Haiti, Mexico,
- Four Western European and other states: Germany, Israel, Italy, and one vacant seat to be filled
For more informationa: http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=E/2015/9/ADD.11