At its upcoming coordination and management meetings, ECOSOC will elect 14 members of the Executive Board of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). Members may come from among all current UN Member States, members of the specialized agencies or of the International Atomic Energy Agency. Members will be elected for a three-year term beginning on 1 January 2016.
Members elected will succeed the following members whose terms are expiring:
- Five from African states: Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana
- Three from Asia-Pacific states: Iran, Pakistan, Thailand
- One from Eastern Europe: Bulgaria
- One from Latin America and the Caribbean: Guyana
- Four from Western Europe and other states: Australia, Canada, France, Sweden
For more information: http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=E/2015/9/Add.5